This black bean dip isn’t just loaded – it’s fully loaded! Mashed black beans, tomatoes, corn, onions, sour cream, and zesty spices come together to create a Tex-Mex inspired hot dip that will have everyone coming back for more!
The name of my blog might have given this away, but we love all kinds of dips. From cold dips to hot dips, party dips to sweet dessert dips – if it’s a dip or you can dip something in it, we’re on board!
We’ve never met a dip we didn’t like, and we’re certain that when you try this loaded black bean dip you’ll love it as much as we do. It is absolutely chock full of delicious Tex-Mex inspired flavors and served hot and ready for dipping with tortilla chips and/or your other favorite dippers.
This black bean dip makes a great addition to any taco night, potluck, or game day gathering, and it’s so easy to make that you’ll be looking for reasons to whip it up. When served alongside tortilla chips, pretzels, or even potato chips, it makes a totally dippable party appetizer that everyone will love.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- It uses just a few simple ingredients.
- It’s a quick and easy recipe that only takes about 15 minutes to make.
- It’s a delicious Tex-Mex inspired dip that’s perfect for almost any gathering.
You’ll only need some basic ingredients to make this dip, and you’ll find them all in your kitchen and at your local grocery store. There might be a ton of flavor, but there aren’t a ton of ingredients!
Everything you’ll need to make this dip is right here, but you’ll find the exact amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post. Check it out!
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Canned black beans – rinsed and drained
- Tomato paste
- Smoked paprika
- Ground cumin
- Dried oregan
- Frozen corn – defrosted
- Tomato – finely chopped
- Red onion – finely diced
- Sour cream
- Fresh cilantro or parsley – chopped
How to Make Loaded Black Bean Dip
Making this dip is a simple process. It just takes a few minutes of cooking on the stovetop and then a little mashing and mixing. That’s all there is to it. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time.
The highlights for the recipe are right here, but be sure to check the recipe card for the exact instructions.
- Add the black beans, tomato paste, smoked paprika, cumin, and oregano to a medium pot with olive oil. Cook until hot and fragrant.
- Mash the bean mixture.
- Top with corn, tomato, red onions, sour cream, and cilantro or parsley. Enjoy warm with your favorite dippers!
What to Dip in Loaded Black Bean Dip
You can dip all your favorite savory options in this dip. Enjoy it with:
- Tortilla chips
- Fresh tortillas
- Pita chips
- Potato chips
- Pork rinds
How to Store Loaded Black Bean Dip
Refrigerate this dip for 3 to 4 days in an air-tight container (we love these glass containers with locking lids for storing dips!). For longer storage, freeze this dip for 2 to 3 months in an air-tight, freeze-safe container or a heavy-duty freezer bag with as much air as possible removed.
Tips for Making Black Bean Dip
- For chunkier dip, mash the beans with a potato masher.
- For smoother dip, use a blender to mash the beans.
- Mash the beans while they’re hot for the best texture.
- You could use canned refried black beans in place of black beans, however we love how all the spices come together when you mash everything together after cooking. Plus, we think this black bean dip tastes better (and holds up to the chip) with a chunkier bean!
- Add jalapenos for a spicy kick!
Black Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 14-oz cans black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup Frozen corn defrosted
- 1 Tomato finely chopped
- 1/2 Red onion finely diced
- 1 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1 tsp. Smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. Ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Dried oregano
- 1/2 cup Fresh parsley or cilantro chopped