Craving a delicious corn dip recipe for the summer? Look no further! This corn dip is absolutely snackable and super easy to make!
Whether you’re hosting a backyard get-together or simply indulging in a tasty treat, this corn dip is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. The best part? You can enjoy it throughout the year with ease (thank you, canned corn!).
Why You Will Love This Corn Dip Recipe
This corn dip recipe is something that you try once and just can’t get enough of! It’s easy to make and only takes about 15 minutes of prep time, allowing you to chill until it’s ready to serve. This makes it a great option for make-ahead appetizers for family gatherings, game days, and more!
This crowd-pleasing appetizer is bursting with sweet corn, creamy cheese, and a hint of southwest flavor. Whether you’re hosting a party or simply craving a flavorful snack, this easy-to-make corn dip recipe is a guaranteed hit. It’s the perfect balance of creamy, cheesy, and slightly smoky, creating a dip that keeps everyone coming back for more. Get ready to impress your guests and elevate your snacking game with this delectable corn dip recipe!
- Sweet corn kernels – Sweet corn kernels will give your recipe a hint of sweet to balance out the smoky and spicy flavors making this an excellent choice for the base of your corn dip. You can use frozen corn as long as it’s cooked until soft— prepare according to package instructions and let cool before making the dip.
- Bacon – Everybody loves bacon! This is a great addition that takes your corn dip to the next recipe and cooks up fairly quickly!
- Mayonnaise – Mayonnaise gives your corn dip the creaminess you need and is reminiscent of street corn flavors! This is another ingredient that helps to balance all the sweet, smoky, and spicy flavors in your dip.
- Sour cream – Sour cream is another great ingredient to achieve the desired base and texture for this corn dip recipe while also balancing the other flavors in a subtle way. Love the flavor of sour cream in a dip? We have a collection of sour cream dip recipes for you.
- Mexican shredded cheese – This corn dip recipe calls for 1 cup of shredded Mexican cheese, but for people who love extra cheese and all things cheesy, feel free to sprinkle a little extra on top of your dip when you go to serve it.
- Scallions – Scallions are another great additional topping for this corn dip recipe because they give a nice and crisp flavor. They are quick and easy to cut up too!
- Jalapeno – Jalapeno is a great way to spice this corn dip recipe up a little bit and give it some heat! Feel free to add more or less depending on your preferences. This gives your corn dip a little bit of heat but nothing overwhelming since it is balanced out by the other ingredients!
How to Make Corn Dip
1. Drain the corn. Make sure all liquid is drained.
2. Start by cooking your bacon in a pan, until it has reached your desired crispiness.
3. Chop the scallions, jalapeno, and cooked bacon. Set aside.
4. In a medium-large bowl, add the corn, sour cream, mayonnaise, shredded cheese, chopped bacon, chopped scallions, chopped jalapeno, and seasoning. Mix until well combined.
5. Keep refrigerated until ready for serving.
6. Serve with tortilla chips.
What to Dip in Corn Dip
Tortilla chips or tortilla scoops are our favorite dipper of choice for corn dip recipe, however, these dippers also work well:
- Vegetable Sticks: Serve your corn dip with an array of fresh vegetable sticks such as carrot sticks, celery sticks, bell pepper strips, cucumber slices, or radish slices. The crispness of the vegetables pairs wonderfully with the creamy and flavorful corn dip.
- Pita Chips: Toasted pita chips provide a sturdy and crunchy base for dipping into your delicious corn dip. You can either purchase pre-made pita chips or make your own by cutting pita bread into triangles, brushing them with olive oil, and baking until golden and crispy.
- Pretzels: Pretzels, whether they’re traditional pretzel twists or pretzel rods, offer a salty and crunchy contrast to the creamy corn dip. Their unique texture and flavor profile create a tasty combination!
- Crackers: Choose an assortment of crackers with different flavors and textures. Whether it’s plain crackers, whole wheat crackers, buttery crackers, or even flavored crackers, they all provide a delightful vehicle for scooping up this delicious corn dip!
- Toasted Baguette Slices: Slice a baguette into thin rounds, brush them with olive oil, and toast them in the oven until crispy. The toasted baguette slices offer a rustic and crunchy base that complements this creamy corn dip.
- Corn Chips: If you want to stick with the corn theme, corn chips (different from tortilla chips) can be a great choice. These chips are typically thicker and heartier, making them ideal for scooping up the chunky corn dip.
Remember, the choice of dippers can add variety and enhance the overall experience of enjoying your corn dip. Feel free to mix and match based on personal preferences and dietary restrictions to cater to a wider range of tastes!
How to Store Corn Dip
Corn dip should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator (we love these glass containers with locking lids for storing dips!). Transfer the dip to a container with a tight-fitting lid, or cover the dish tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil before placing it in the fridge. This helps to prevent air exposure and maintain the dip’s freshness.
If you have made multiple dips or plan to store the corn dip for more than a day, it’s a good idea to label the container with the date it was prepared. This will help you keep track of its freshness and ensure you consume it within a reasonable timeframe.
Over time, the ingredients in the corn dip may separate, with the oil or liquids rising to the top. Before serving the dip, give it a gentle stir or mix to redistribute the ingredients and restore its creamy consistency.
Can You Freeze Corn Dip
If you have a large batch of corn dip or want to store it for an extended period, you can freeze it. Transfer the dip to a freezer-safe container, leaving some room at the top for expansion. Ensure the container is tightly sealed. Corn dip can be stored in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. Thaw the frozen dip in the refrigerator overnight before consuming it. However, keep in mind that freezing and thawing may slightly affect the texture and consistency of the dip.
How Long Does Corn Dip Last in the Fridge
Typically, corn dip can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. However, it’s essential to check the dip for any signs of spoilage before consuming it. If you notice any off odors, mold growth, or changes in texture, it’s best to discard the dip to avoid foodborne illnesses.
Tips for Making Corn Dip
- As mayo is a key ingredient, this corn dip should not be left out for more than two hours before it needs to go in the fridge or be tossed.
- Use fresh, high-quality ingredients for the best flavor! Opt for fresh corn if possible, but canned corn works just as well, too.
- Allow your corn dip to chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. This allows the flavors to meld together and gives the dip a chance to thicken and set. The chilling time also helps to enhance the overall taste and consistency!
- Feel free to customize your corn dip based on personal preferences and dietary restrictions. You can make it spicy by adding more jalapeños or mild by omitting them altogether. Adjust the levels of cheese, spices, or other ingredients according to your taste.
- Remember, making corn dip is a versatile and creative process, so don’t be afraid to experiment and make it your own!
OTHER MEXICAN-INSPIRED DIPS YOU MIGHT ENJOY
Corn Dip Recipe
- 2 cans sweet corn kernels
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Mexican shredded cheese
- 2 scallions
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Drain the corn. Make sure all liquid is drained.
- Start by cooking your bacon in a pan, until it has reached your desired crispiness.
- Chop the scallions, jalapeno, and cooked bacon. Set aside.
- In a medium-large bowl, add the corn, sour cream, mayonnaise, shredded cheese, chopped bacon, chopped scallions, chopped jalapeno and seasoning. Mix until well combined.
- Keep refrigerated until ready for serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips.