Hot Cocoa Dip is an easy dessert dip with all the flavors of hot chocolate and marshmallows! With only five ingredients (including graham cracker dippers!), this no-bake sweet dip recipe is super fast to put together and always a crowd-pleaser, especially during the holiday season.
Hot Cocoa Dip, or hot chocolate dip if you prefer, is one of our favorite dessert dip recipes because it comes together in minutes with just a few ingredients. Whenever my family is craving something sweet, this chilled chocolate dip always does the trick.
This recipe is also perfect when you need to bring a dessert to a holiday party or gathering and are short on time.
Marshmallow Fluff – We use an entire jar of Marshmallow Fluff, which is also called Marshmallow Creme depending on the brand. This ingredient is essential as it gives extra marshmallow flavor to the hot cocoa dip.
Cool Whip – Frozen whipped topping such as Cool Whip works like a charm in this dip recipe. Whipped topping comes frozen, so make sure you let it thaw before preparing your dip.
Hershey’s Cocoa – We use Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa because we enjoy our cocoa dip a little less sweet (the marshmallow creme and Cool Whip provide the balance of sugar). Any brand of cocoa powder can be used OR 2 packets of instant hot chocolate mix can be substituted for cocoa powder.
Mini marshmallows – Mini marshmallows are a must as a garnish for this hot chocolate dip…it’s like the icing on the cake! Marshmallow bits also work perfectly in this recipe.
Graham crackers – Every dip needs a dipper and for this sweet dessert dip, our go-to is graham crackers. They provide just a little bit of extra sweetness and can hold up the dip without breakage.
How to Make Hot Cocoa Dip
1. In a medium bowl, add the Marshmallow fluff, Cool Whip, and cocoa powder.
2. With a hand mixer, blend these ingredients together for about 5 minutes, or until the dip is light and fluffy. You’ll want to use a hand or stand mixer because of the Marshmallow Fluff, it’s very sticky and not always easy to blend by hand.
3. Serve with graham crackers or dippers of your choice.
4. Cover and refrigerate immediately if not eating right away. You’ll want to give the dip a good stir before serving. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.
What to Dip in Hot Cocoa Dip
Graham crackers are our favorite dipper of choice for hot chocolate dip, however, these dippers also work well.
- Nilla Wafers
- Cookies – chocolate chips, Oreos
- Large marshmallows
- Waffle cone pieces
- Animal crackers
- Apple slices
- Vanilla wafers
How to Store Hot Chocolate Dip
Store any leftover dip in an airtight container and refrigerate. This dessert dip should last a few days but may separate, you’ll want to give it a good stir before eating.
Hot Cocoa Dip Recipe
- 7.5 oz jar Marshmallow Fluff
- 8 oz tub Cool Whip
- ¼ cup Hershey’s Cocoa (unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp Mini Marshmallows
- Graham Crackers, for serving
- In a medium bowl, add the Marshmallow fluff, Cool Whip, and cocoa powder.
- With a hand mixer, blend these ingredients together for about 5 minutes, or until the dip is light and fluffy.
- Serve with graham crackers.