This whipped feta dip is rich and creamy with a naturally tangy, salty flavor and a kick of heat thanks to red pepper flakes. It’s a quick and easy dip recipe that’s as perfect for game day as it is for more upscale parties.
When we think of feta, we usually think of the crumbly salty cheese in Greek salads or gyros…however, have you had feta whipped as a dip!? It’s a completely new flavor experience!
If you’re ready to elevate your snacking game and add a touch of Mediterranean magic to your life, give whipped feta a try. Trust us, your taste buds will thank you!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Creamy Dreaminess – Imagine the creamiest, dreamiest dip you’ve ever tasted – that’s whipped feta for you. It’s like spreading clouds of pure indulgence on your favorite crackers or veggies. Once you try it, you’ll never look back.
Tangy Goodness – Feta cheese brings a delightful tanginess to the party, adding a burst of flavor that dances on your taste buds. It’s that perfect balance of savory and tangy that keeps you coming back for more.
Versatility Galore – Whipped feta is the ultimate chameleon of the dip world. It plays well with just about anything you throw at it – from crunchy carrot sticks to warm pita bread and everything in between.
Effortless Elegance – Despite its gourmet appeal, whipped feta dip is surprisingly easy to whip up (pun intended!). With just a few simple ingredients and a blender or food processor, you can create a masterpiece that’ll delight your guests.
Instant Crowd-Pleaser – Whether you’re hosting a party or simply treating yourself to a solo snack session, whipped feta is guaranteed to steal the show. It’s the kind of dip that brings people together, sparks conversation, and leaves everyone reaching for seconds. YUM!
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make whipped feta dip. All the ingredients you need are right here, but the exact amounts are in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Feta cheese
- Greek yogurt
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Red pepper flakes
- Black pepper
How to Make Whipped Feta
Making this dip couldn’t be easier. It only takes about 5 minutes. The highlights are here, but you’ll find the exact instructions in the recipe card at the end of the post.
1. Mix all the ingredients except parsley and red pepper in a food processor.
2. Add to a bowl and garnish with chopped parsley, red pepper and drizzle of olive oil (optional). Enjoy with your favorite dippers!
This dip can be served immediately or chilled until ready to serve.
Dip Tip! As this dip contains dairy, it should not be left out for more than 2 hours. After that time it should be refrigerated or discarded. These ice-chilled dip bowls are made specifically to keep cold dips chilled when serving.
What to Dip in Whipped Feta
When it comes to dippers, you have some great options for this whipped feta dip. You can go with classic salty options like pita chips (try our Zaatar Pita Chips recipe!), veggies, or sweeter dippers like fruit. The tangy, rich flavor of this dip pairs well with all kinds of items, including:
- Pita Chips: These are a classic choice and offer a sturdy base for dipping.
- Fresh Vegetables: Sliced cucumbers, carrots, bell peppers, and cherry tomatoes add a refreshing crunch and a pop of color.
- Crackers: Choose a variety of crackers like whole wheat, multigrain, or herb-infused crackers for different flavors and textures.
- Breadsticks: Whether store-bought or homemade, breadsticks provide a satisfying crunch and are great for scooping up whipped feta.
- Sliced Gyro Meat: Gyro meat, whether lamb, beef, or chicken, adds a savory and protein-rich element to your feta spread. Roll it up or layer it on a plate alongside the dip for a hearty option.
- Souvlaki: Skewers of grilled souvlaki (typically marinated and grilled meat, often served on skewers) are a fantastic accompaniment to whipped feta. Dip the souvlaki pieces into the creamy feta mixture for a burst of flavor.
- French Fries: Crispy French fries offer a delightful contrast in texture to the creamy feta. They’re perfect for scooping up generous dollops of the dip.
- Sliced Baguette: Toasted or untoasted, thinly sliced baguette pieces are perfect for spreading or scooping whipped feta.
- Olives: Serve a bowl of assorted olives and toothpicks alongside the dip for a Mediterranean-inspired experience.
- Grilled Vegetables: If you’re serving this dip at a barbecue or outdoor gathering, grilled vegetables like zucchini, eggplant, and asparagus make fantastic dippers.
- Fruit Slices: Get creative and offer slices of fruits like watermelon cubes, apples, and pears for a sweet and savory contrast.
How to Store Whipped Feta
Refrigerate this whipped feta dip for up to 3 days in an air-tight container (we love these glass containers with locking lids for storing dips!). Give it a good stir before serving.
We do not recommend freezing whipped feta as the consistency will change. Fresh is best!
Tips for Making Whipped Feta
- It’s important to use a food processor or good quality blender to make whipped feta. Feta is naturally crumbly and needs a lot of mixing to become smooth.
- Opt for a block of feta rather than pre-crumbled feta, as it tends to be creamier and less dry.
- Sour cream will work in place of Greek yogurt if you don’t have it.
- For extra spicy dip, try mixing red pepper flakes directly into it. Additionally, the red pepper can omitted completely if you want a basic whipped feta with no spice.
Whipped Feta Dip
- 8 oz Feta cheese
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper or to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- In a food processor, add the feta cheese, yogurt, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Process until well combined.
- Chop the parsley.
- Put the whipped feta dip in a bowl and garnish with red pepper flakes, chopped parsley, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve with pita chips, vegetables or your favorite dippers.