Beer Cheese Dip for Pretzels is the perfect hot cheese dip for parties of all kinds! This rich, creamy, cheesy dip is infused with the flavor of your favorite beer and served piping hot and ready for dipping with pretzels or your other favorite dippers.
Here at Just Dip Recipes we love good a beer, but we don’t just love it for drinking. Oh, no. We’re big fans of beer in our dips– and if there is one dip that is made for beer it’s beer cheese dip!
It’s the perfect cheese party dip for any occasion, but it’s a MUST-HAVE on game days. Beer cheese dip plus pretzels is the PERFECT combination!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- It’s the ultimate beer cheese dip for pretzels.
- No one will be able to resist this warm, cheesy dip that works with any dipper (not just pretzels).
- It’s rich, creamy, cheesy, and infused with a nice kick of beer flavor.
- It’s a great dip for any party, but it really shines at sports parties. Make this dip your go-to for any sports occasion.
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this delicious beer cheese dip. It’s all basic stuff that can be found in just a few minutes at your local grocery store. All the ingredients are here, but you’ll find the exact amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Whole milk
- Beer – Your choice…Make it good!
- Dijon mustard
- Smoked paprika
- Cream cheese
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thinly sliced scallions
How to Make Beer Cheese Dip for Pretzels
Making this dip is a very straightforward process. It just takes a few minutes of stovetop cooking, and you’re all done. Even beginners can make it with no problem, and it’s fast enough to make it last minute if you need a dip for a party.
The recipe overview is below, but check out the recipe card at the end of the post for the specifics.
- Cook the butter and flour to make a roux.
- Stir in the milk and cook until thickened.
- Add everything else except the cheeses and scallions and cook a bit more.
- Stir in the cheeses and cook until the cheese melts.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with scallions. Enjoy with pretzels or your favorite dippers!
What to Dip in Beer Cheese Dip
Beer cheese dip combines two classic favorites into one dip (beer & cheese!), so it only makes sense that it’s perfect with your favorite classic party dipper: pretzels!
Additionally, Beer Cheese Dip can be served with:
- Potato chips
- French fries
- Crusty bread
- Pork rinds
- Pita chips
- Tortilla chips
- Charcuterie faves
How to Store Beer Cheese Dip for Pretzels
Refrigerate this dip for 3 to 4 days in an air-tight container (we love these glass containers with locking lids for storing dips!).
For longer storage, freeze dip in an air-tight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag for up to 6 months. Defrost, reheat, and give it a good stir and before serving.
Tips for Making Creamy Beer Cheese Dip
- To avoid raw flour flavor in your dip, don’t skip cooking the butter and flour for a couple of minutes.
- Stir constantly while making the dip to avoid sticking.
- You can make the shredded cheese melt more easily by bringing it to room temperature before adding it to the dip in the cooking process.
Beer Cheese Dip Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 1/2 cup Whole milk
- 1/2 cup Beer
- 8 oz Sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 oz Cream cheese
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. Smoked paprika
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Scallions thinly sliced
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes, just until the raw flour taste cooks out. It will turn into a thick paste.
- Slowly pour in the milk, stirring constantly.
- Continue cooking until the mixture thickens, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the beer, Dijon, and smoked paprika.
- Continue cooking for another minute.
- Stir in the cream cheese and sharp cheddar cheese.
- Continue cooking and stirring constantly until the cheese has melted.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with fresh scallions.
- Serve warm beer cheese dip with pretzels, crusty bread, or your favorite dippers.