This adorable Halloween pumpkin frosting board is loaded with orange-colored frosting in the center, decorated to look like an adorable smiling pumpkin. Then, it’s surrounded by all your favorite classic cookies and snack cakes.
This pumpkin frosting board is as cute as it is delicious and will be the hit of any Halloween party!
I don’t know about you, but I prefer the cuter side of All Hallow’s Eve. You can have your gory slasher movies and ultra-scary monsters. Give me cutesy, smiling ghosts, pumpkins with painted faces, and of course, ALL THE SWEET TREATS!!
This Halloween pumpkin frosting board combines my love of cuteness and sweets into the ultimate dessert board.
Dip Zebra Cakes, Cosmic Brownies, and so many other sweet treats into the smooth, creamy vanilla frosting center (piped to look like a pumpkin, of course!).
This frosting board will satisfy any sweet tooth and be the SHOWSTOPPER of any Halloween party or get-together.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- It uses simple ingredients. We’ve got frosting, snack cakes, cookies. Nothing too complicated here!
- It’s an easy recipe that comes together in just a few minutes. Pipe the frosting in the shape of a pumpkin, add cute eyes and surround this dessort board with your favorite sweets.
- It’s the most adorable Halloween-themed dessert recipe ever! Seriously, every guest will rave over this easy creation. Plus, dessert and frosting boards are so on trend right now.
- Everyone loves sweet treats for Halloween, and this board is full of them. This dessert dip embraces the spirit of TREATS for Halloween.
The ingredients needed for this recipe are incredibly simple. You can find them all at your grocery store or online (Hello, Amazon!). Be sure to check the recipe card at the end of the post for exact amounts.
- Wilton Creamy Decorator Icing, Medium
- Orange Food Coloring
- Mini OREO Cookies
- Wilton Black Sparkle Gel
- Wilton Green Sparkle Gel
- Small Candy Eyes or White Writing Icing
- Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies
- Little Debbie Zebra Cakes
- Mini Donuts
- Vanilla Sandwich Cookies
- Various Butter Cookies
- Mini Frosted Cookies
- Pop-Tarts Baked Pastry Bites, Frosted Strawberry
- Mini Soft Baked Funfetti Cookies
- Pink and White Striped Marshmallows
- Gummy Pumpkins
- Mini Marshmallows
Kitchen Tools We Used
How to Make a Halloween Pumpkin Frosting Board
Making this board is as easy as it gets. The entire recipe is mostly just a matter of mixing and piping the frosting and then placing your cakes and candies.
The highlights for the recipe are here, but you’ll find the exact instructions in the recipe card at the end of the post.
Fill your pastry bag with the frosting and make a frosting circle in the center of the board.
Decorate the frosting to look like a face with 2 Mini OREO cookies for eyes and a small smile made of black sparkle gel.
Cut a rectangular shape out of a Cosmic Brownie and press it down at the top of the frosting to make a pumpkin stem.
Use green sparkle gel to make vines around the brownie stem.
Add Zebra Cakes to the top right and bottom left corners.
Add mini donuts and a mix of vanilla cookie sandwich cookies and butter cookies to the top left and bottom right corners.
Fill in the rest of the board with cookies and striped marshmallows, adding gummy pumpkins and marshmallows to any small empty spaces. Enjoy!
What to Dip in Halloween Pumpkin Frosting
Why, you dip all of those delicious snack cakes and cookies in it, of course! Salty options like pretzels are also a fun choice, too – if you want to mix things up! The sweetness of the frosting makes a wonderful counterpoint to the saltiness of pretzels or even pita chips.
How to Store Halloween Pumpkin Frosting Board
Store this Halloween pumpkin frosting board covered with plastic wrap for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. It’s important to keep as much air away from it as possible so your snack cakes don’t get stale.
Try to enjoy this board before the three days are up if you can. It does not freeze.
Tips for Making a Halloween Pumpkin Frosting Board
- Have fun with this recipe. The layout called for here is my personal preference. Load your board up however you like – you can’t mess this up!
- It might be tempting to make this board in advance to save time but resist the urge. It’s so hard to keep those snack cakes fresh!
- Feel free to use any of your favorite snack cakes, cookies, candies, and even salty options like pretzels for this board. Remember, there are no rules.
Halloween Pumpkin Frosting Board
- Square Serving Tray
- 1M Open Star Piping Tip
- Disposable Decorating Bags
- Celebrate It Parchment Paper Sheet, Optional
- 2 cups 2 cups Wilton Creamy Decorator Icing Medium, 16 oz tub
- Orange Food Coloring
- 2 Mini OREO Cookies
- Wilton Black Sparkle Gel or Black Icing Writer
- Wilton Green Sparkle Gel or Green Icing Writer
- 2 Small Candy Eyes or White Writing Icing
- 1 Little Debbie Cosmic Brownie Quartered
- 6 Little Debbie Zebra Cakes
- 6 Mini Donuts
- 6 Vanilla Sandwich Cookies
- 12 Various Butter Cookies
- 4 Mini Frosted Cookies
- 6 Pop-Tarts Baked Pastry Bites Frosted Strawberry
- 8 Mini Soft Baked Funfetti Cookies
- 6 Pink & White Striped Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Gummy Pumpkins
- 1/3 cup Mini Marshmallows
- Fit a pastry bag with 1M Pastry Tip and fill with all of the icing.
- Optional: cut out the desired pumpkin shape onto parchment paper if you would like a helpful guide. Secure it to the center of your serving board.
- Draw a circle onto the center of your serving board in icing by making small short dollops. Then fill in the entire shape using the same process.
- Use 2 Mini OREO Cookies for the eyes and use a dab of icing to secure mini candy eyes upside down onto the cookies.
- Draw on a very small smile with black sparkle gel.
- Place a cut-out rectangle shape from a Cosmic Brownie and press on top of the pumpkin shape as the stem.
- Draw on some vines using green sparkle gel around the brownie stem.
- Add Zebra cakes to the top right and bottom left corners.
- Add mini donuts and a variety of vanilla cookie sandwiches and butter cookies to the top left corner and bottom right corner.
- Fill in with the rest of the open white space with the rest of the cookies and striped marshmallows.
- Fill in all extra empty spaces with gummy pumpkins and marshmallows.
- Serve your dessert board with spoons and plates.