Baked Cheese Dip with Bacon is the answer whenever you need a warm appetizer to feed a crowd. This delicious savory dip is made with mozzarella and Gruyere cheeses, mixed with cream cheese, sour cream, mayo and bacon — a creamy and decadent party dip that’s served warm with crackers, bread and other dippers.
Appetizer dips are essential at any party or gathering— and no get-together would be complete without at least one cheese dip!
Today we have a decadent baked cheese dip recipe with two kinds of cheese, including Gruyere, which elevates a regular cheese dip into something truly special.
Cream cheese – Any brand of cream cheese will work for this savory dip recipe, just make sure it’s softened to room temperature to make mixing easy.
Mayo – Mayonnaise gives this cheesy dip an extra dose of creaminess and is essential, in our opinion. Any brand will do – we all have our favorite!
Sour cream – We recommend full-fat sour cream, any brand.
Mozzarella – Full-fat and shredded.
Gruyere – Gruyere is smooth cheese with a slightly nutty flavor that blends perfectly with Mozzarella.
Bacon – Cooked and chopped — in a pinch, packaged crumpled bacon will work.
Green onions – For garnish, of course!
How to Make Baked Cheese Dip with Bacon
1. Set out the cream cheese so it can soften to room temperature.
2. Cook the bacon, allow it to cool, and chop it into small pieces.
3. Wash and dry the green onions and thinly slice at an angle.
4. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
5. In a medium-sized bowl, add in the cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, mozzarella cheese, gruyere cheese, bacon (reserve some for topping the dip), and combine thoroughly with a spoon.
6. Then pour into a baking dish, cover with foil, and bake for 35 minutes.
7. Remove from oven, top with additional bacon and green onions — serve warm with crackers, bread and other dippers!
What to Dip in Baked Cheese Dip
Buttery round crackers, like RITZ, are our favorite dipper of choice for this Baked Cheese Dip, however, these dippers also work well.
- Sliced baguette
- Tortilla chips
- Corn chips
- Carrot sticks
- Celery sticks
- Other veggies
- Pita chips
- Bagel chips
- Pork rinds – keeps this cheese dip recipe keto/low carb
How to Store Baked Cheese Dip with Bacon
Store leftover dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave for 2 minutes, stirring thoroughly before serving.
Variations for Baked Cheese Dip
- You can substitute your favorite shredded cheeses in place of Mozarella and Gruyere. In total there is 12oz of cheese in this recipe.
- For the ultimate cheese dip, serve this dip in a hollowed-out round crusty loaf of bread. This dip can also be baked in a bread bowl— don’t forget to cut up the leftover bread bowl center to use as dippers!
- We have seen a packet of ranch seasoning used in similar recipes for a bacon cheese ranch dip. Simply add the ranch packet to the bowl with cream cheese, mayo and sour cream. Cheddar would be a good substitute for Gruyere if adding ranch seasoning.
Baked Cheese Dip with Bacon Recipe
- 8 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature and any brand
- 1 cup mayo
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 oz Gruyere cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon
- green onions thinly sliced
- Lay out the cream cheese so it can soften to room temperature.
- Cook bacon, allow to cool, and chop into small pieces.
- Washand dry the green onions and thinly slice on an angle.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, add in the cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, mozzarella cheese, gruyere cheese, bacon (reservesome for topping the dip), and combine thoroughly with a spoon.
- Then pour into a baking dish, cover withfoil, and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with additional bacon and the green onions and serve warm with dippers!