BLT Dip is a delicious take on the classic bacon, lettuce, and tomato with mayonnaise. This creamy party dip takes just minutes to prepare and tastes almost identical to the sandwich— minus the bread!
Why This Recipe Works
- If you enjoy bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwiches…ALL the flavors are in this dip. Serve with pretzel crisps, pita chips, crackers or melba toasts for even more BLT flavor.
- This BLT dip cold and requires no cooking! Just mix the ingredients and serve. Perfect for when you need a last-minute appetizer or game day shareable.
- Bacon – Crispy bacon pieces are the cornerstone ingredient for this easy dip recipe. We do not recommend using Bacon Bits or packaged cooked bacon pieces.
- Mayonnaise – We have seen BLT dip recipes that use cream cheese instead of mayo, however for an authentic bacon, lettuce, tomato sandwich flavor, you’ll want to stick to real mayo for this dip. Do not substitute Miracle Whip.
- Sour Cream
- Tomatoes – Use fresh tomatoes, not canned.
- Lettuce – Shredded bagged lettuce works great for this dip recipe.
How to Make BLT Dip
1. Cook bacon until crispy using desired cooking method. Chop into pieces.
2. In a mixing bowl, thoroughly combine mayo, sour cream, bacon pieces and chopped tomatoes. Add salt to taste. Chill in the refrigerator if not serving immediately.
3. Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and top with shredded lettuce. Add a few extra diced tomatoes and bacon pieces for garnish.
4. Serve with pretzel crisps and/or other dippers.
What to Serve with BLT Dip
Pretzel crisps are our favorite dipper of choice for BLT Dip, however, these dippers also work well.
- Melba Toast
- Pita chips
- Potato chips
- Tortilla chips
- Lettuce cups
- Carrot sticks
- Celery sticks
How to Store BLT Dip
This dip should be served cold and is best stored in an airtight container in the fridge when not being served. We’re fans of glass storage containers for keeping dips fresh as long as possible.
As mayo is a key ingredient, this dip should not be left out for more than two hours before it needs to go in the fridge or be tossed in the trash.
Can BLT Dip Be Made the Night Before
Yes, this dip recipe can be made the night before as long as it’s stored in an airtight container and kept in the fridge. You’ll want to keep the lettuce off the top of the dip until ready to serve.
Can You Freeze BLT Dip
No, this dip recipe cannot be frozen as the texture and consistency will change once thawed.
BLT Dip Recipe
- 12 oz bacon cooked until crispy and chopped into pieces
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- salt to taste
- Cook bacon until crispy using desired cooking method. Chop into pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, thoroughly combine mayo, sour cream, bacon pieces and chopped tomatoes. Add salt to taste. Chill in the refrigerator if not serving immediately.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and top with shredded lettuce. Add a few extra diced tomatoes and bacon pieces for garnish.
- Serve with pretzel crisps and/or other dippers.