4 Ingredient Taco Dip is everything you want and need in a cold dip for a party appetizer (hello, Cinco de Mayo!).
This Taco Dip takes just 5 minutes to prepare and there are only four ingredients— trust us, make this dip (inspired by the viral TikTok boat dip) and watch your guests devour it— it’s that good!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- This taco dip is SO EASY! There are 5 minutes of prep time and NO COOKING time! It can be served immediately or chilled for a few hours prior to serving (we personally love it chilled).
- Once you try this 4 ingredient taco dip you’ll wonder where it has been all your life — it will easily become your go-to dip recipe for any party or get-together…and no one will complain because it’s that delicious.
- Have a Mexican, Cinco de Mayo party or taco Tuesday event? THIS IS YOUR DIP. None of these pictures will do this dip justice. Try it. You will not be disappointed! FOUR INGREDIENTS!
- Sour Cream – Full-fat sour cream is the only answer for this dip recipe. Go big or go home…it’s worth it!
- Taco Seasoning – We go with taco seasoning in the packet route, but if you have a good taco seasoning recipe from scratch then go for it! For reference, a pack of taco seasoning is 1 ounce of combined spices.
- Rotel – Don’t buy off-brand if you can help it. A 10-ounce can of Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies makes this recipe. Cheap, easy and SO GOOD!
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese – Mild cheddar, sharp cheddar…whatever your preference. Again we always go full fat and in this recipe we used mild shredded cheddar cheese.
How to Make Taco Dip
1. Mix sour cream and taco seasoning in a large bowl until well combined.
2. Stir in the drained can of Rotel tomatoes and chilies and shredded cheddar cheese. Make it easy by adding and mixing a handful of shredded cheddar cheese at a time, until all four ingredients are thoroughly combined.
3. Serve immediately with tortilla chips or your favorite dippers, or chill for up to two hours and serve— we personally love this dip chilled for maximum flavor!
What to Serve with Taco Dip
Tortilla chips are our favorite dipper of choice for 4 ingredient taco dip, however, these dippers also work well.
- Pork rinds (keeps this recipe low carb/keto!)
- Flour tortillas
- Mini sweet peppers
- Bell pepper slices
- Pretzel thins
- Pita chips
- Potato chips
How to Store Taco Dip
Store leftover dip in a covered container in the fridge for up to three days (we love these glass containers with locking lids for storing dips!). Mix well before re-serving.
Tips for Making 4 Ingredient Taco Dip
- You can prepare this 4 ingredient taco dip in advance, simply cover it with plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve. Make sure to give it a good stir before serving. This dip should be served chilled or at room temperature.
- As this dip contains sour cream, it should not be left out for more than 2 hours. After that time it should be refrigerated or discarded. These ice-chilled dip bowls are made specifically to keep cold dips chilled when serving.
- Leftover dip can be used as a spread on tortillas or as a topping for tacos (we haven’t tried it, but this dip would make yummy quesadilla filling!)— don’t let any of this delicious taco dip go to waste!
HOT TIP! If you love this dip, or are looking for something similar without Mexican-style spices, we highly recommend this Nieman Marcus Dip. It’s got bacon and cheese and is equally delicious.
OTHER MEXICAN-INSPIRED DIPS YOU MIGHT ENJOY
4 Ingredient Taco Dip
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix sour cream and taco seasoning in a large bowl until well combined.
- Stir in the drained can of Rotel tomatoes and chilies and shredded cheddar cheese. Make it easy by adding and mixing a handful of shredded cheddar cheese at a time, until all four ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips or your favorite dippers, or chill for up to two hours and serve— we personally love this dip chilled for maximum flavor.