Corn Dip with Rotel is a crowd-pleasing party dip that’s bursting with flavor! Creamy, cheesy, and packed with a zesty kick from Rotel, this irresistible cold dip is guaranteed to keep your guests coming back for more at your next party or get-together!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- This dip is a flavor-packed sensation, combining the sweetness of corn with the zestiness of Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies. It’s a taste bud party in every bite!
- Whether you’re scooping it up with tortilla chips, spreading it on crackers, or using it as a topping for tacos, this dip is incredibly versatile. It’s perfect for parties, game days, or just a casual night in alone or with friends.
- With just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep work, this dip comes together in no time. It’s a hassle-free recipe that delivers maximum flavor with minimal effort.
- Need to prep ahead of time? No problem! This dip can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve. It’s the ultimate party prep hack.
- Whole Kernel Corn – Sweet and juicy kernels that add crunch and natural sweetness to our dip.
- Rotel – A zesty blend of diced tomatoes and green chilies, adding bold flavor and a hint of heat.
- Sour Cream – Creamy and tangy, it provides richness and balance to the dip’s flavors. We recommend full-fat sour cream.
- Mayonnaise – Smooth and savory, it adds creaminess without overpowering the other ingredients. We recommend full-fat mayo.
- Cheddar Cheese – Sharp and melt-in-your-mouth delicious, it brings a cheesy richness to the dip.
- Green Onions – Fresh and flavorful, green onions add a pop of color and mild onion flavor.
How to Make Corn Dip with Rotel
2. In another bowl, blend together sour cream, mayonnaise, and shredded cheese.
3. Combine the corn and Rotel mixture with blended sour cream, mayo, and cheese.
What to Dip in Corn Dip with Rotel
Tortilla chips or tortilla scoops are our favorite dipper of choice for corn dip recipe, however, these dippers also work well:
- Vegetable Sticks – For a lighter option, serve the corn dip with Rotel with an assortment of fresh vegetable sticks such as carrot, celery, bell pepper, cucumber, and cherry tomatoes. Not only do they add color and freshness to the spread, but they also provide a satisfying crunch.
- Pita Chips – Crispy pita chips are another excellent choice for dipping. Their sturdy texture makes them ideal for scooping up generous amounts of the creamy dip.
- Crackers – Choose a variety of crackers to accompany the corn dip, ranging from plain to seasoned options. Crackers with seeds or whole grains add extra texture and flavor to each bite.
- Breadsticks – Serve this dip with a selection of breadsticks for a fun and satisfying dipping experience. Choose from traditional breadsticks, grissini, or flavored varieties.
- Potato Chips: For a unique twist, serve the corn dip with ridged potato chips or kettle-cooked chips. The hearty crunch of the chips adds a satisfying texture contrast to the creamy dip.
How to Store Rotel Corn Dip
Leftover dip can be stored in an airtight container (we love these glass containers with locking lids for storing dips!) in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Simply give the dip a good stir before re-serving.
We don’t recommend freezing this dip as it contains a lot of dairy and the consistency will change greatly.
Tips for Making Corn Dip with Rotel
- Drain Excess Liquid: Make sure to drain the canned corn and Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies well before mixing them with the other ingredients. Excess liquid can make the dip too runny.
- Adjust Spiciness: Depending on your preference for heat, you can choose between mild, medium, or hot Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies. For a milder dip, opt for mild Rotel; for a spicier kick, go for hot Rotel.
- Consistency: If you prefer a thicker dip, you can reduce the amount of sour cream and mayonnaise in the recipe or add in extra cheese.
- Chill Before Serving: For best results, refrigerate the dip for at least 30 minutes before serving. Chilling allows the flavors to meld together and enhances the overall taste of the dip. The longer you leave in the fridge the better, we personally love the flavor best when left in the fridge overnight.
Corn Dip with Rotel
- 2 cans whole kernel corn drained
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes drained
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 1 cup Mayo
- 2 cups Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Green onions chopped
- Drain the corn and Rotel tomatoes thoroughly. Mix with the green onions in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, blend the sour cream, mayonnaise, and shredded cheese.
- Combine the corn and Rotel mixture with blended sour cream, mayo, and cheese.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.