Strawberry dip combines fresh strawberries, whipped topping, and tangy cream cheese to create a delicious dessert dip that’s perfect for Valentine’s Day, date night, or as a sweet treat in the summer with fresh fruit. It’s cool and creamy, and loaded with fresh strawberry flavor!
Who can deny the fresh and juicy flavors of strawberry in a fluffy, creamy dip? This easy dessert dip is perfect for Valentine’s Day, date night, or any day where you want to indulge in something sweet with loved ones…or alone – this strawberry dessert dip is divine for snacking while bingeing your favorite shows!
We love pairing this Strawberry Dip with whole strawberries, cookies, Nilla wafers, fresh fruit, and more. While this dip is perfect for a date night in, it’s also a crowd pleaser at backyard parties, potlucks and cookouts. Just make sure to double or triple the recipe.
There’s just one thing to remember about fruit dips like this one. After storing it for a day or two, the top will liquify a bit. That’s okay! It’s a natural process. Just give the dip a good stir, and you’ll be good to go.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- It only takes four simple ingredients to make.
- It’s an easy recipe that’s ready in just 15 minutes.
- It’s light, fluffy, and full of fresh strawberry flavor.
- It’s the perfect dessert dip for Valentine’s Day, date night and summer picnics.
Strawberry Fruit Dip Ingredients
You’ll only need three simple ingredients to make this strawberry fruit dip recipe (four if you add food coloring), and you can find them all in one simple trip to the grocery store. You’ll be in and out in just about the same time it takes to make the recipe!
The ingredients you need to make this easy dip are right here, but the exact amounts are in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Cool Whip (or any brand of whipped topping)
- Cream Cheese
- Fresh strawberries
- Pink food coloring (optional – but it gives the dip a beautiful pink hue)
How to Make Strawberry Dip
Making this dip takes less than 15 minutes with a couple of easy steps. It’s so simple and delicious, there’s no reason not to give it a try.
The recipe highlights are here, but you can find the exact instructions in the recipe card at the end of the post.
1. Dice the strawberries, leaving one strawberry whole for decoration.
2. Combine all ingredients except the diced strawberries.
3. Mix most of the strawberries into the mixture, leaving just a few extra for topping.
4. Top with remaining diced strawberries and the whole strawberry. Serve immediately with your favorite dippers, or chill until ready to serve.
What to Dip in Strawberry Dip
This delicious dessert dip is rich, creamy, and full of the bright flavor of fresh strawberries. This combination makes it the perfect dip for all your favorite sweet dipper options. Try this dip with:
- Fresh whole strawberries
- Fresh fruit
- Graham crackers (try our graham cracker recipe!)
- Nilla Wafers
- Sugar wafers
- Animal crackers
How to Store Strawberry Dip
This creamy strawberry dessert dip can be served immediately after preparation. If making in advance or if there are leftovers, transfer the dip to an airtight container with a secure lid and place it in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. We love these glass containers with locking lids for storing dips!
Don’t freeze this dip. The strawberries will release a lot of liquid as they defrost, making a watery dip that won’t be enjoyable.
Tips for Making Strawberry Dip
- Mix the Cool Whip whipped topping and cream cheese first to ensure they’re thoroughly combined.
- Only use fresh strawberries for this recipe. Frozen strawberries are too soft.
- If you’ve stored the dip for a day or two, give it a good stir before serving to redistribute the moisture that will have risen to the top.
Strawberry Dip Recipe
- 4 oz cool whip
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 10 strawberries fresh
- 1 drop pink food coloring optional
- Dice all strawberries except one for the topping.
- With a hand mixer, thoroughly blend the cream cheese and cool whip. Add in a drop of pink food coloring.
- Add most of the strawberries to the mixer, leaving a few diced strawberries for decoration. Mix well.
- Scoop the strawberry dip into a bowl for serving. Top with diced strawberries and one whole strawberry for decoration. Serve with graham crackers, nilla wafers, fruit, or your favorite dippers.